Department of Rehabilitation Mission and Goals
The California Department of Rehabilitation works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living and equality for individuals with disabilities.
To fulfill this mission, the following goals have been set:
- Increase the quality and quantity of employment outcomes.
- Increase the effectiveness and efficiency of vocational rehabilitation services delivery.
- Increase the number of SSI/SSDI beneficiaries at or above Substantial Gainful Activity.
- Improve the recruitment and retention of qualified rehabilitation professionals.
- Increase equality for persons with disabilities through systems change.
California Health and Human Services Agency
Department of Rehabilitation
721 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814