About the Department of Rehabilitation
The California Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) administers the largest vocational rehabilitation program in the country.
We have a three-pronged mission to provide services and advocacy that assist people with disabilities to live independently, become employed and have equality in the communities in which they live and work.
DOR provides consultation, counseling and vocational rehabilitation, and works with community partners to assist the consumers we serve.
DEPARTMENT VISION AND MISSION STATEMENTS
Employment, independence and equality for all Californians with disabilities.
The California Department of Rehabilitation works in partnership with consumers and other stakeholders to provide services and advocacy resulting in employment, independent living and equality for individuals with disabilities.
OUR CORE VALUES
The values under which we operate all of our programs and services.
Strive to meet stakeholders' needs through continuous improvement, competence, creativity, and teamwork.
Be sensitive to the diverse needs of others, both internal and external stakeholders, by being courteous, compassionate, responsive, and professional.
In all endeavors, act in an ethical, honest, and professional manner.
Be willing to listen to and share information with others. Be flexible, inclusive, trusting, and receptive to new ideas.
Take ownership and responsibility for actions and their results.
OUR GUIDING PRINCIPLES
The principles that guide us in our daily work.
- Delivering effective vocational rehabilitation services, and other programs and services in an efficient, caring, professional, and prompt manner.
- Attracting, developing, and retaining a competent, creative, and highly motivated workforce.
- Maintaining public trust by being fiscally responsible and ensuring quality programs and services.
- Sustaining our role as a respected leader in the disability community; inspiring hope in those we serve.
DOR STRATEGIC PLAN
- Contacting Us
- Director's Statement
- Publications, Forms, and Reports
- Office Locations
- Organizational Structure
- Public Notices and Department News
- Work for Us